Friday, May 13, 2011

April 4, 2011

This week has been a really unique one for our mission. Yesterday we had a mission-wide conference call with President Hale. He told us that they have found a tumor on his spinal column. On thursday he will be having a 14+ hour surgery. The doctors have told him that he needs to end his mission but thats not president Hale's way. He has counseled with the 12 and they have given him permission to finish his mission. He has been assured through blessings and prayer that he will make a full recovery. He has found the best neurosurgeon in the country to do it. In that same blessing a specific reference was given to the adversary and his desire in halting the work here but he will not succeed. After the conference call wherever we were we knelt in prayer and as a mission commited to doubling our efforts in all aspects of the work. We were promised by the brethren that this trial would bring immediate blessings to the mission- one of them being a unity here that has never been seen before. We are fasting on wednesday night until sunday for president Hale and any of you that would like to join would be appreciated. We love him so much! it is expected that he will return to the mission in 3 weeks.
Other than that things are going pretty good. We lost several of our investigators who had baptism dates but we aren't giving up. Most of them refused to keep commitments and one of them moved away. But he'll be baptized where he moved to. I love my companion. She has really helped me to reflect on my time in the mission and the changes I have made. She is so incredible and works so hard.
It seems that the time goes faster every day and i'm not sure how I feel about it. It is really bitter sweet as my mission begins to wind down. I have never had greater joy or sorrow than I have had in the service of the Lord. Such a learning experience.
i put we are fasting from wednesday night to sunday but I meant thursday...sorry! I wish I had more to tell you about but I can't think of anything. Conference was great though. I love having our questions answered. Each one was so inspired in the things they shared. They make me think there will be many more trials to come.
I also love the sisters we live with right now. We truly have become the best of friends. I still live with Sister Hopkins and she is training Hermana Mata'u.They make me laugh constantly. We are very unified in our obedience as well which really helps. funny side note- Sister Mata'u is teaching me to hula in the mornings during exercise time and its not going so good. I am so not talented haha.
Sounds like you have been very busy at home. I'm not sure i'll even recognize the place when I get back. You are always in my prayers! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment