Tuesday, July 27, 2010

July 26, 2010

Uh so i've failed you... i didn't have time to take the picture! It has been one of the busiest weeks of my mission and I've loved it! also I LOVED your message! N let me listen to it on Saturday. We have met some of the most amazing people. Last week we had 2 investigators and one with a date. This week we're back to 11 with 4 dates. Sunday we had another baptism and it went SO good! his Name is D. We had a few issues to work out the night before but it was all good. He never showed any emotion or excitement about his baptism until the day of and then after that he was happier than ever! it was so fun to watch! He also brought his family which was so wonderful. The way we met him was actually really funny. His sister was a referal from a set of elders. We kept calling her house but she was never there and he always answered. We asked him who he was and a little bit about himself. One day we just decided we were going to call her and then if there was no answer go to her house. He answered the phone and she wasn't home so we just asked him if we could teach him about Jesus Christ. He said sure and the rest is history. The funniest part is we never met the sister until she showed up at his baptism! hopefully we can teach her next.
Be sure and tell Crystal hello for me and that I love her! I haven't heard from her my whole mission. I'm sure she's been super busy. Is there any way you could send me a catalog some day :) I was trying to tell some people some of the stuff we sell but they don't have the same brands here so they were confused. I can't believe how much I miss all of the fishing stuff. I never thought it would happen but whenever I see poles or anything at peoples houses I always look at them and they think i'm crazy haha. It sounds like you have been really busy at home. Eating healthy is a hard thing to do but its good. I've kind of failed the last week though. My companion made AMAZING banana pudding and her boyfriend sent us a 3lb bag of gummy bears. I jokingly told him I wanted gummy bears and thats what he sent us! so yeah...failing. but I still excercise so thats good. I can't run right now because I'm adjusting to my shoes and I don't want to get shin splints again but I should be able to soon. I actually really enjoy it. Also- You haven't sent me any pictures from home in all this time! ok a few but still... some more would be nice. UMMM Pretty much I just am really happy and loving being a missionary and thats about it. I laugh way too much and I work harder than I've ever worked in my life. I have the best companion in the world and she takes really good care of me and keeps me in line :) We have tons of fun together. I'm really hoping to stay here together longer. We started teaching in spanish again so I'm letting president know- hopefully he'll let me stay! Either way I'll learn a ton and have the opportunity to teach the gospel and that's what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment