Tuesday, July 27, 2010

July 19, 2010

Last night we had a stake YSA fireside with Elder Gay from the 70. He was one of the last mission presidents in Ghana actually. It was really good. I was really lucky to go because only the YSA missionaries were invited. He is also doing our zone conference this wednesday. Elder Gay just talked about how the hardest thing to do in life is do things the Lord's way and to allow him to refine us. It was actually a question and answer session. I'm really excited about wednesday though. Sisters conference was tons of fun. They talked a lot about how important education is and having a stable testimony and stuff like that. Also it's really funny that the person at home getting baptized is named D because our investigator who is getting baptized on Sunday is D as well. Just spelled differently. Austil will love hearing from you 2 times. You're an amazing speaker and teacher. Hopefully some day I'll be as good at it as you! I loved your testimony as well. I'm so greatful to you and Dad and the other kids for your examples to me and your strength. It really helps me a lot! You're the best- I hope you know that. Our ward has changed SO much since sister Lowe came. The members LOVE us. we had 3 sisters last week give us their schedules for the week and ask if they could come out with us. We also had one girl- K- she's amazing!- spend nine hours with us on exchanges one day. It was so fun! as soon as sacrament gets over we have 9 or 10 people come up to give us hugs and say hello. It is so nice. I just love all of the members and I love the change in the branch. They're like whole new people. Thank you so much for sending the shoes. They will be WAY better- make sure you stick a little note in there too though because thats better than the shoes :) also i need some recipes from you since we cook for ourselves. I need your biscuit recipe- your poppyseed muffin base recipe- your blackberry cobbler recipe- and your raspberry cream cheese coffee cake recipe- and any others of my favorites. Every day for breakfast I eat oatmeal with fresh peaches or nectarines- YUM and then we make tons of tortillas and eat tacos but I want some stuff from home too.
HAVE A GOOD WEEK! LOVE YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment