Saturday, July 17, 2010

July 13, 2010

This week has been incredibly busy for me. Friday was the sisters luncheon and it was really fun. It was on things I wish i'd known sooner. It was funny because president told me that day again that i'm the mission china doll. About 6 hours later M told me I look like a porcelain doll. The next day we did the Habitat for humanity service project as well. it was really amazing. Then that night we did a workshop on the atonement. It was really amazing as well. We also had transfers and i'm staying for one more. Our ward mission leader called president and asked him to keep both of us here so he did. I'm really excited! I love this branch and things are really starting to grow.
I wish I could just call Fred and the kids and tell them how much I love them but a letter is all I can do for them. Give each one of them a huge hug from me. Our ward mission leader now LOVES us. He is definitely going above and beyond to help us. We can't just go out and find investigators for ourselves because it would be really hard to seek out only 18 to 30 year olds who aren't married and don't have kids so we just find for everyone else and then we have 16 companionships looking for us. Unfortunately in 3 weeks we have only got 2 referals so things got really slow. In 11 days we passed 44 referals, which is an incredibly large number. Our ward mission leader decided that he is doing an all day exchange with all 16 sets of elders to find us investigators. He's amazing. We didn't ask him to talk to president either. He did it on his own. President told me my first day in the mission that I look like a china doll because he says my face is "perfect" (yeah right but i'll take it) so he was just telling me again. It was just really random that M said the same thing the same day.
The teaching is going well. I love teaching with Hermana Lowe. We have been doing lots of member missionary work with the branch. The running was going good until I got shin splints. My shoes don't have enough support to run outside so i had to slow down a little bit. My headaches come and go. The last two days have been bad but not really before that. I'm definitely less stressed and loving life. I'm trying to eat good but it's been so busy the last week or so that I haven't. I didn't find another skirt but i'll probably need more money for when i find one. I am DYING from the heat. I've never been so hot in my life and most places here don't have air conditioning. especially in peoples homes and so you just talk while sweat is pouring down your face. its fantastic! we've haven't had too much time to bike but we're working on it. I know how you feel on the ill part. You get used to it. add humidity to that! uggh I'm glad things are working out with the business. Its about time. I love you tons and want you to know I'm truly happy and the Lord is changing me so much. I love it. I am so blessed. You're the best mom in the world! I have no clue why Kyle's letter got returned. Tell him to print it and put it in the mail or else try sending it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment