Thursday, November 4, 2010

November 1, 2010

You never even told me jeff was going on a mission! I heard from Cody and Ave! which mission in Georgia is it? I have a recent convert that lives in Atlanta. Anyway sounds like you had tons of fun in Disneyland and Dad had a good birthday. I'm kind of sad I didn't get to go with you but that will be another time. I'm way jealous you went to schatz without me- SO GOOD! however I had some amazing food this week too. We had a huge ward party and it was "fiesta latina" where everyone brings the typical food from their country and do dances and songs and stuff. we only got to stay for the food but it was way good- all of my favorites! Baleadas, arepas, papusas.... yep amazing. I just need to learn how to cook all this stuff... actually I do know how to cook some of it. At the end of the night the elders qoruom suprised everyone by hiring a mariachi band so I heard it got a little crazy. It didn't get over til about 1 in the morning and it started at 6. This week we also had a really cool experience with the v kids. we asked L if she remembered to pray and ask if Joseph Smith was a prophet and the Book of mormon is true. she said "Yes.. and it's yes. After I prayed I was playing a game and I just stopped for a second and yes came into my head and I knew it was an answer to my prayer" She is so incredibly receptive to the spirit and she's only 10. Then we asked A if he has been praying because he usually forgets. L told us he had been and she said "the other day he was doing his math homework and it was really hard and he didn't know how to do it. He was thinking so hard that he couldn't even write. He just kept sitting there holding his pencil. All of a sudden he got up and walked in mom and dad's room. I went to check on him and he was in there praying out loud asking for Heavenly Father to help him. When he got done he immediately walked downstairs and started writing and finished his homework. It was the craziest thing... he immediately knew all of the answers." It was such a blessing to see that their faith is growing. They are only 9 and 10 and yet they have more faith than their parents. So sweet
Also thats awesome steeds are coming to visit.... I'll be ready for some canadian tossed salad! also- tell steed to e-mail me some pictures of their little girl. I want to see if she's super cute and looks like corey jo or if she's called monster for a reason and is the spitting image of her dad :)
out of time but love you tons and tons!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great job of getting caught up Niki. Maybe you can do Garrett's letters I am 3 weeks behind!

    ReplyDelete