Monday, October 4, 2010

September 27, 2010

Thank you so much for your letter this week. It was everything I needed to hear. Yes our mission has been changed to quarterly conferences as well. We had a specialized training last week as well and it was incredible. We talked about mighty prayer and help from the other side of the veil. We are not alone in this work. Where was that elder from? coral ridge? coral reef? coral springs? All of those are in my mission. I can't believe that next week I will be half way. It feels like just yesterday I entered the MTC. I have seen so many miracles and changes in others as well as in myself. This week we had a really incredible spiritual experience with one of our investigators. She went to SLC for a conference and went to temple square. She LOVED it and came back home looking for the church and wanted a Book of Mormon. The first time we taught her she talked about how she felt something different there and the spirit was stronger than she had ever felt. She loved the restoration DVD and wanted to come to church. We were so excited. The next time was completely different. She wanted to argue about every doctrine she had learned. She wouldn't listen to anything. She had found anti literature on the internet and had been reading it. Finally I just asked her if we could kneel and pray and she could ask her Heavenly Father. She did and when she asked if the Book of Mormon was true the spirit entered the room so strongly. It was so tangible. She stopped for a minute and just sat there. When she started again she was crying and could hardly finish. At the end she said that the spirit was there. I know without doubt she received an answer to her prayer. The next time she was even worse. Her heart was so hard. She completely gave it over to Satan. She denied everything she had said and felt. I just left her some scriptures to read and asked her to pray. This time her prayer was horrible. She prayed that someday we would find the real truth. She prayed out of gratefulness to know the Book of Mormon was false. And that she was right in her beliefs in the trinity. It is incredible that someone can deny a manifestation of the Holy Ghost. I know some day the Lord will humble her and she will come back to what she knows. I am so grateful for the truth of the gospel. After meeting with her I have had the opportunity to study the scriptures and words of the prophets to strengthen my testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. It was restored by a 14 year old boy who wanted to know the truth. And because of his strength and sacrifice it will forever more be on the earth. I LOVE studying the gospel. Especially the Book of Mormon. It was meant for our day and EVERY scripture applies to us. I also read the continuous atonement again this week by Brad Wilcox. I'm on my 3rd time of reading it. I learn so much from it every time. This is the one and only true church on the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment