Sunday, April 3, 2011

March 22, 2011

Hi!! This week has been SO amazing. We set 9 baptism dates! and most of them will actually go through. I love being a missionary so much. I just love teaching and seeing people change. Nothing makes us happier than keeping the commandments. Tomorrow is transfers and I will be training so sister Osmeni is leaving. Anyway, I'm terrified to train but it will be a really good learning experience. The other sister- sister Hopkins who will be in my apartment is also training. We're really excited to do it together. I love her so much and she is an INCREDIBLE missionary! Not much else is going on that I can think of..hmmm....i'll think and write more later.

President,
This was a great week for our area. We were able to set 9 baptism dates! WAHOO!! We have seen a huge increase in our teaching pool in the last two weeks as well as progression. Our March date who was most solid has changed her date to April 3rd because she wants to share with her family what she is learning and let them be a part of it. We're mightily praying they support her! Another thing is the kid- T who we talked to you about this week who wouldn't be able to be baptized is actually prepared. Everything he told us was a lie. It is a test that he gives to everyone who teaches him about religion. He said he ALWAYS gets the same reaction. Their eyes get huge and they say they have to leave and he never hears from them again. We didn't react at all, we shared with him the importance of repentance, and then set a return appointment. He came to church on Sunday and he loved it. I am so excited for the future of this area. I am praying that we can maintain the success we are having. I am really nervous to train and don't feel in any way capable but I will have the great opportunity of working together with Sister Hopkins who is a GREAT example for me. Things are looking up!
Hermana Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment