Sunday, February 13, 2011

January 18, 2011

ok so this week I will tell you about my AMAZING companion. Her name is Sister Bloomfield and she is from Snowflake, AZ. I basically begged the Lord to have her as a companion. She works so so hard! and we're basically twins in every way.... it's really scary. We often wonder how we get along so well but we love each other like crazy. She actually went to school with Avrey. she was an el-ed major at BYUI. She's been out for 6 months and sadly will prob only be my companion for 1 transfer.

Hopefully you got the e-mail I sent to President Hale for the weekly update (found a the end of this post). This week has been one full of miracles and answers to our prayers. I realize more and more every day how much our Heavenly Father loves us and how much he wants to bless us if we just ask. The highlight of my week was a fireside that we put on with Miami Beach. We had 2 D and M from Miami Beach and J and C from Snapper Creek share their conversion stories and testimonies and then President Acevedo from the mission presidency spoke on the power of the Book of Mormon in personal conversion and missionary work. I was stressed all day long because I was in charge but it was a success. It was so great to see the growth they have all made since their baptisms and also to see some of the members who have become some of my very best friends. It was also the last time I will see sister Lowe before she goes home. This is her last transfer. I can't believe I only have 3 left after her!! The time has gone SO fast. I love the gospel and being a missionary more and more every day. My Heavenly Father has changed me so much into the person He knew I could be.

What a week of miracles! We have had so many prayers answered I can hardly believe it. As we have done AMTs with our members we have made a lengthy mighty prayer list of their friends and loved ones that they are currently contacting and working with. We have been doing it for about 4 weeks now and have seen so many great things happen. We had 3 inactive members on the list show up to church on sunday, 3 non members have come to church or activities and 3 people on the list have been taught by missionaries. The fire is definitely being lit! I am so grateful for my companion and her hard work and desires that are making success possible. I am learning more and more how important relationships are and how essential good ones are in order to progress the Lord's work. We also have a baptism coming up this Sunday. Her name is L and she was prepared long before we met her. She often teaches us and it is so fun to meet with her. Another great experience we had this week was our YSA fireside. It was especially exciting for me to see how much converts in Miami Beach have grown and to see some of my very best friends! President Acevedo did an incredible job in teaching the importance of the Book of Mormon in personal conversion as well as our personal lives. I know that the impact will be lasting on the Snapper Creek Branch. I am also grateful for your reminder on using our phones wisely for both texting and calling. There is always room to tighten up and we will be sure to do that, confirming that every communication relates to our purpose! It's a great day in Miami!
Sister Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment