Sunday, March 14, 2010

Marach 5, 2010

Hey! Things are going so good! I have never been so busy and tired in my life. We teach any time we can. Yesterday we taught 12 lessons. Usually we do 5-10 plus our study time and class. Before this week we were doing 1 or 2 lessons a week. We love teaching. We have really been pushing ourselves this week. I prayed last sunday at the fireside. They say where you were from so a few people came up to me afterwards asking me about people in fallon. One of them was a sister who i became friends with when i first got here and she knew my companion. She asked me if I was related to cousin Mark- he works for her dad. Then she told me her uncle worked for some people in Fallon. I asked her what his name was and she told me Duane Coombs. I couldn't believe it! So we chatted about Duane and Heather and Desi. Also Gayle Tolzmann's sister is her. And one of my other friends here had classes with Heather Bake (lewis). Craziness. As far as missionaries in Chile go... all but the ones going to concepcion will leave on monday. They were all held back for a week because the airport was closed with damage but it is back open. The roads into concepcion are still ruined so they have to wait til the 15th. S was supposed to leave last monday but she will be leaving this monday instead. They will have so many opportunities to serve. We have talked a little bit about messages for families or people affected by the earthquakes. There is a good chance we will come across people who have families both in Haiti and Chile. The language is coming along. Definitely not fluent and its a struggle but i know that the Lord will help me to figure it out. Usually it takes 5 or 6 months in the field to be fluent. Its so crazy to think that i'm leaving in 4 days. There are 11 of us going to Florida together and 5 of us are from the same district. I'm so excited we get to stay together but REALLY sad that E Shatzer and E Lowry will be on their own. Our district has been really close and we spend all of our time together. I see Holt almost every day still and I think we go into the field the same day. I always chat with him for a couple minutes. He is going to be such a great missionary. He looks so happy its amazing. I have definitely had the best week of my mission so far. I'm loving it! We are having so much fun and working ourselves to death. I don't know how people have a chance to sit around and do nothing their last week here. We were told thats what always happens as soon as people get their travel plans but it was the complete opposite for us. Today is our last p-day and there is still so much to be done. I love you so much and i love hearing from you! the church is SO true. there is no doubt in my mind that God and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph smith. I know that the book of mormon is true. There is no other book that can answer the questions of every person in the whole world no matter what stage of life they are in or how they grew up. I know that we have a prophet today- Thomas S Monson. God lives and loves each one of us. in the name of jesus christ amen
LOVE HERMAN

No comments:

Post a Comment