Saturday, January 9, 2010

January 9, 2010

This place is so amazing! I can't believe how fast we are all learning and how real the gift of tongues is. Thankfully I have known all of the principles and words they have taught so far and am understanding. starting the second day we were praying only in spanish and on the third bearing testimonies. I have been able to help my companions a lot with the language.
Speaking of companions, we have a tripanionship as we call it because one my hermana's companions was from south america so she is in a district that already speaks the language. My hermana's are Hermana H from Paradise, Utah and Hermana H from Payson, Utah. It's funny because all of our names start with H which isn't even pronounced in spanish... that will be a delight. Whoever said Disneyland is the happiest place on earth was wrong. Even though everyone is running around like crazy people trying to get everything done and realizing they are about 5 hours short each day they still have huge smiles on their face and its just amazing. We live on the 4th floor of one building and have class on the 5th floor of another building so my legs are getting a bit tired. During gym time we also run so its been pretty crazy. By 1pm today we had already walked 624 stairs... yes we counted haha. I can't believe how much we can accomplish in a day. Every minute of the day is scheduled and Im actually loving it. I have also made my bed every day which we all know is not normal. Ummm I got ready in 20 minutes the other morning which is also a record for me. And life has never been so great. I have the best companions I could have ever asked for and as for now the language is going great (I probably won't be saying that by next week). We have also been setting tons of goals which is kind of new for me but its also good. Everything is so organized and I'm hoping that is something that actually lasts. The church is so true and I LOVE it. I love you guys tons! Speaking of the word guys I didn't realize how often I say that. The hardest thing for me so far has been to address everyone as Elders and Hermanas. Also I high-fived another Elder the other day and our branch pres told us we can't do that because its too teenagerish... I would screw up in the first three days... but hey my childish days will be gone in time and my habits are changing daily. Even though I hate dress clothes and nylons its already really a weird feeling already when I'm not wearing them. We are actually wearing them all day today and its p-day just because we don't want to change again. So not like me. I can't believe how much I have already changed and I know that it will only continue as the days go on. God does live and He knows us so well and how we learn and the things that we need in our life to be the best that we can be. I love you so much and I pray for you every day...family is one of those words i know in spanish :) ... Gotta go because my time is up. LOVE YOU TONS AND TONS AND TONS!

Hermana Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment